Saturday 21 April 2012

All Wrapped Up

Aloha Darlings.
With summer fast approaching, winter wardrobes are being put away into the attic and summer being taken out. But one thing you shouldn't put away are your scarves that kept you warm. 
A few years back while going through blogs, I had seen a simple wrap skirt being worn which needed no sewing!!!! I had actually forgotten about it until earlier this year and thought now might be a good time to start wearing it. Although they used plain jersey fabric which is good because of the stretch it will hug your body, I decided to use Pashmina shawls. =] I know most of the nepalese people have them. my mum had a cupboard full so I just took a few colours that I liked.  Its great for for a quick dress up, and for when you're headed to the beach!! Think it would look good on top of one piece or a bikini.
I've chosen just a simple White Tee and I have my necklace on which I thrifted (Blog post HERE), and i've worn my black bodycon skirt underneath but if you can go without it..GOOD FOR YOU!
But of course it doesn't just have to be for the sunny weather, you can wear it out with some tights or leggings and a nice pair of shoes. 










If you don't have a pashmina shawl it's all good, just grab a normal scarf. It has to be wide enough to cover your backside LOL or just fabric which is about 2 meters long. And also you need a rubber band. That's about it!

 -How To-

 Take your shawl and put it behind you while holding either ends at the front making sure you have eqal lengths.

 Take one side first and wrap towards the opposite side.

 Then take the other side and wrap it the other side. Make sure that the shawl is hugging your body and isn't too loose.
 Adjust the shawl so that the front and back layer isn't twisted and is sitting flat. Then take both ends and wrap it round to the back.


Take your rubber band and tie the two ends together so that it is secure. You can hide the loose ends under the folds at a back to hide it but I just choose to leave it as it is. =]
And thats it! EASY PEASY!!!! 


 Good thing with pashminas is that some have such delicate beading on them and also beautiful patterns.  One which I loved is this pastel mint *on trend*  pashmina, it has small round mirror sequins dotted around the shawl and the beading on the edges adds more awesomeness! =]


SC
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment