Wednesday 29 February 2012

DIY Lamp Shade

My Last Post of the night. 
I started on this diy project about 2 years ago I hadn't finished it, and it was my friend Chhimmi who reminded me and gave my the idea to make it into a post. so this all OVERDUE! But I've done it now! 
You can see from the image below, the little thing at the back of the lampshade was where I had left it, I turned it so you can see what I had left to do! 
Sorry ALL THE PICTURES I HAVE ON THIS POST WAS TAKEN FROM MY PHONE FROM THE CAMERA! Will update it with the good quality ones if I can be bothered. :D No judging! 
Anyways, the lampshade was creamy and DULL so I bought a 2 meter white binding tape for the edges of the lampshade top and bottom with help of my handy glue gun.

The material I used was white felt I had laying around [plus its cheaper!]. I cut it into squares first, all variable in sizes but not too big or too small about one and a half inches? Or something around that size. 

Then I cut the squares into circles, it was a PAIN! I think that reminded me why I never got back to it! After that I placed the circles by folding, pushing, and sticking it on with the glue gun, making sure its even all around because you do tend to build it up so much that it can become thicker in one area than the other. After a few hours, it should end up like THIS!  
TADA! 
You can see some areas went a bit haywire BUT it is done..not really I have a small patch left somewhere at the back where I ran out of the felt circles.
It gives you a petal/flower effect. I've seen it on bags, T-shirts so you can try that if you don't want to jazz up a piece of lampshade. Use different fabric and colours to make it more interesting! 




SC

1 comment: