Friday 18 May 2012

Living Goddess!

Aloha Bubbles! 

After weeks of no sleep, Its finally OVER!!!
The private exhibition was today and so I thought it would be a good day to post up my final photos I used for it.
I took and edited the photos myself hence why if you see some mistakes or it doesn't look right..... =D hehehe im no expert on photoshop so no commento! 
Thank you to my lovely model Sima, who never usually agrees to do something like this so it was a miracle when she did! And also thank you to my lovely assistant Anu, for helping me drag all the equipment to the location and also doing the hair and make up :]    
I was so happy that on the day of the shoot, the rain actually stopped and the sun came out!! Which is the time when the three of us actually RAN! Haha

The title of my project was. Kumari, The Living Goddess. 
Simple.
I wanted to take the concept of the Kumari and combining some western influences within the design.And what I mainly was looking at how a ordinary child gets transformed into a living goddess with a few garments and make up.  
Won't write more here for now, because I will be writing about it in an article which will be out soon in the Nepali Patra! 

OKAY SO HERE WE GO! Hope you like them!
Tried my best!















Here is what my space looked like, that bloody golden circle took a while and thankfully my friend helped! So thank you TOM!! I set it up as a shrine to her, with some traditional stuff layed out.



Hope you liked it and I shall be posting up the rest of the exhibition photos up soon!
So don't forget to come back and check them out!


SC
-x-

7 comments: