Friday 23 March 2012

Rochester



Since I am doing an internal progression on to the UCA Rochester from Canterbury, I was one of many called in for a day to listen and learn about the course a bit more. And with that I got to meet and had the chance to talk with a previous student, Raffaele Ascione (Click Link to Know More About Him) who has recently showcased his collection at London Fashion Week.
(Photo credit to 1883 Digital)

A down to earth guy, I was pleased to know that he teaches at UCA Rochester.Meaning I will have someone to talk to without panicking around like a headless chicken, not saying the other teachers won't be there :D. His piece was bought by Lady Gaga which helped him a lot and since then he has worked with her a few times. 

(Photos from Website http://www.raffaeleascione.com )

These three garments stood out the most from his latest collection. Inspiration taken from his favorite sweatshirt that apparently he is obsessed with and taking ideas from the 70s. 




Just quick snaps I took while waiting for my portfolio tutorial. There were some amazing work around which I could not stop staring at.

Finally this is just a photograph that I was in love with so much I have it as my lock screen, The front cover of DAZED April magazine. Givenchy, their Bollywood style sorta jewllery. Such strong pieces which I would love to get my hands on. Wonder how much they weigh? Would even pierce my nose for those things!! Don't exactly know where I would wear them but DAMN!! Right?



SC

No comments:

Post a Comment